Carl Anton George MAERTENS 
- Born: 1 Jan 1875, Hawaii USA
- Marriage (1): Violet Kinoole Kahaleuluhi BECKLEY 
- Died: 9 Apr 1949 aged 74
- Buried: O'ahu Cemetery Honolulu Co Hawaii
See attached sources.
United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
Carl Anton Georg Maertens,
Name:Carl Anton Georg Maertens
Event Type:Draft Registration
Event Place:Honolulu City no 1, Hawaii, United States
Birth Date:01 Jan 1875
Birthplace:, , United States
Affiliate Publication Title:World War I Selective Service System Draft Registration Cards
Affiliate Publication Number:M1509
GS Film number: 1452096
Digital Folder Number: 005240739
Citing this Record
"United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," index and images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/K6ZX-TN3 : accessed 13 Nov 2013), Carl Anton Georg Maertens, 1917-1918; citing Honolulu City no 1, Hawaii, United States, NARA microfilm publication M1509, (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d); FHL microfilm 1452096.
Unknown Newspaper, April 1949
CARL MAERTENS DIES; WAS 74
Carl A. G. Maertens, 74, 1702 Makiki St., widely known resident of Honolulu, died in The Queen's Hospital at 1:30 o'clock Saturday *(9 Apr) afternoon following a prolonged illness. Funeral arrangements will be announced later. Borthwick's mortuary is in charge of arrangements. He is survived by the widow, Mrs. Violet Beckley Maertens; three sons, William, Kamehameha and Frederick; four daughters, Mrs. Clara Zeisenhenne of Long Beach, Calif.; Mrs. Maryjane Burner and Mrs. Catherine Giltner of Honolulu, and Mrs. Julia Bradshaw, living in Japan.
Also surviving are four brothers, W. L. Maertens of Honolulu, Joseph Maertens of Kamuela, Hawaii; and Herman and Frederick Maertens, living in Germany; a sister, Mrs. Anna Estner, living in Germany; and five granddaughters and one grandson. Maertens was born in Honolulu on Jan. 1, 1875, and was educated at Punahou school, San Mateo College, Calif., and at the University of Jana in Germany. He was the son of William Maertens and Emma (Booth) Maertens, and his father was at one time co-owner of Hoffschlaeger & Co. As a young man he was employed at Hoffschlaeger & Co. for many years, and later at The Von Hamm-Young Co. He retired about 10 years ago.
Additional Comments: *Note indicates this was April 9, 1949.
Ref: J. Orr http://files.usgwarchives.net/hi/honolulu/obits/maertens230gob.txt
1. Census: US Hawaii, 15 Apr 1910, Honolulu City Hawaii. Carl is recorded as head of house married aged 35 a shipping clerk general . . . . . he was living in a rented house born in Hawaii his father was born in Germany
2. Census: US Hawaii, 13 Jan 1920, Honolulu City Hawaii. Carl A G is recorded as head of house married aged 45 working as a salesman at an auto store born Hawaii his father was born Germany his mother Hawaii The family had a Japanese servant aged 46 born in Japan.
3. Census: US Hawaii, 1 Apr 1930, Honolulu City Hawaii. Carl A is recorded as head of house married aged 55 working as a dry goods salesman born Hawaii his father was born Germany his mother Hawaii
4. Census: US Hawaii Honolulu, 15 Apr 1940, 1702 Makiki St Honolulu. Carl is recorded as head of house married race caucasian aged 65 born in Hawaii. He owns his house valued at $2000, he has no income but there are 3 Lodgers living in the house with the 7 family
Carl married Violet Kinoole Kahaleuluhi BECKLEY  [MRIN: 5754], daughter of David KAHEA  and Maria Kaha'awelani BECKLEY . (Violet Kinoole Kahaleuluhi BECKLEY  was born on 2 Feb 1877, died on 8 Nov 1958 and was buried in O'ahu Cemetery Honolulu Co Hawaii.)