Frances BLOMFIELD (BLOMEVIL) 
- Christened: 8 Sep 1612, Coddenham SFK
- Marriage (1): Thomas ALSTON of Gedding Hall  on 28 Apr 1606 in Newton SFK
- Marriage (2): Sir John TEMPLE of Biddlesden BKM  on 16 Feb 1625/26 in Polstead SFK
- Died: 1 Sep 1644 aged 31
- Buried: 11 Sep 1644, Odell BDF
Frances's (Lady Temple) Will was proved 9 Aug 1646 (copy on file)., The Visitations of Bedfordshire of 1566, 1582 and 1636 say - Frances, daughter of (Simon) Blunvillal's Blomfiled of (Monks Illey) in Suffolk now the relict of Sir John Temple of Stannton co. Bucks. Knight.
She is commemorated with a marble monument on the North side of the Chancel of Odell Church BDF, which is inscribed: "Here lies interred Francis the wife of Tho Alston of Polstead. Gent. who was buried at Newton in the said County by whom she had issue four sons William Thomas Edward and John and one daughter Francis She was after married to Sir John Temple of Stanton in the County of Bucks being daughter of Simon Blomfield She died Sept xi 1644".
"The History of the Parish of Bildeston in the County of Suffolk; with pedegrees and genealogical notices of the families of Alston et al" by GROWSE, Frederic Salmon. Private, 1892. 942.64BIL
Under BLOMFIELD page 45/6, It say that Frances Blomfield was born in 1612, which conflicts with her marriage date of 1606 which is clearly in the Newton Register although she is spelt Blumfield. She was baptised at Coddenham, 8th September 1612 - This requires ratification.
Their Arms: Quarterly per fess indented argent and azure, a bend gules
A Suffolk Family by Reginald Blomfield R.A. includes pedegree's from the Tanner MSS - photograhed 2003
Ref Ips R O QS 929.2 BLO.
EARL OF PETERBOROUGH (sic) v. ALSTON.
Answers, 1649 and 1650, of Sir Thomas Alston, bart., and of Edward Alston, Doctor in Physic, William Blomefeild and Joseph Alston, esquires, to the complaint of Elizabeth, countess dowager of Peterborough.
All the defendants believe their names are used as trustees of the manor of Grafton for Lady Temple and the Viscountess Monson. In 1639 or 1640 Sir Thomas received a certain sum of money on behalf of Lady Temple, but knows not what other money she has received or ought to receive from the Earl of Peterborough, etc etc.
Whittington, 2. 1649/50
Alstoniana Pg 199
The Manor of Mount Bures ESS was alienated by Richard Weston Esq. to Lady Temple who granted it to her son by her first husband Edward Alston Esq. (sic) it afterwards passed to George Creffener.
Ref: History of the County of Essex. Rev P Morant Vol II ERO
Manor of Bures:
1614 Richard Weston inherited who sold to Frances Alston of Polsted to hold in trust under the Will of her husband Thomas Alston for their sons William and Edward.
In 1639 Frances by then the widow of Sir John Temple released the manor to the surviving son Edward who in 1657 sold it to John Wiseman. (His son-in-law  ?)
Victoria History of Essex Pg 71
Manor of Gernons (Garnons)
Part the Barony of Stisted Mount Fichet.
. . . . . 1623 Humphry Winch sold to Francis Alston of Polsted who passed same on to her son Thomas, he to William Hale before 1685.
Victoria History of Essex Pg 300
Essex Record Office D/DMh/T36
MAJENDIE FAMILY OF CASTLE HEDINGHAM
Dates of Creation 1621/2
Scope and Content Deed of messuage lately sold by Peter Greene to Richard Ward sen. decd., in occupation of [blank] OnterDeboys, Colchester Inc. assignment of judgement from Francis Alston, widow, re property of Peter Greene inc. tenement in Colchester.
Placement uncertain ELF 2004.
Will Dame Frances Temple. Pg.282 Probate Acts PCC 1645-49. NZSOG.
Copy on this file to be transcribed PROB 11/201
Temple Dame Frances of Gt Woodhull alias Odell Beds. widow Will (182 Fines) pr Aug 9th by son John Alston P.r. son Edward Alston.
Probate Acts 1647.
IGI shows the marriage 8 Sept 1612 Coddenham and 12 May 1626 Polstead!
See also John Alston 
The manor of MOUNT BURES was an estate of 1 hide held in 1066 by Ulmer and in 1086 by Roger of Poitou, lord of the honor of Lancaster. (fn. 28) The descent of the overlord ship, which was recorded until 1488, was the same as that of Bergholt Sackville manor, West Bergholt. (fn. 29)
Manor of Mt Bures
By 1119 the demesne tenancy was held by Robert Sackville, and subsequently descended with that of Bergholt Sackville until 1614 when Richard Weston inherited it. (fn. 30) Richard sold it to Frances Alston of Polstead (Suff.), to hold in trust under the will of her husband, Thomas Alston, for their sons William and Edward. In 1639, Frances, by then the widow of Sir John Temple, released the manor to the surviving son, Edward Alston. Edward sold the manor in 1657 to Richard Wiseman of Torrells Hall, who sold it in 1662 to John Cressener (d. 1696), a wealthy London grocer and brother of George Cressener of Earls Colne. (fn. 31) John was succeeded by his eldest son Edward and then by his second son and fellow grocer George Cressener (d. 1722), who left it to his son, Edward (fn. 32) (d. 1733 or 1734) of Hamburg, a merchant. Edward's widow Mary married Stephen Wolfenden, another merchant of Hamburg. Following Mary's successful defence of a suit against Edward's brother, George, (fn. 33) the Wolfendens sold the manor in 1750 to John Hanbury. He was succeeded by his son Osgood Hanbury, and then by Osgood's son, Osgood, who sold it in 1790 to Abraham Newman. Newman's father Thomas had been the tenant of the demesne farm since 1733. Abraham (d. 1798) was succeeded by his daughter Anne (d. 1829), wife of George Caswell, from whom the manor passed in 1830 to their daughter, Maria, who married Maj. Gen. James Bourchier. Their son Charles Bourchier inherited the manor in 1862 and divided the lands into four lots which he sold in 1863. The lordship was sold separately and in 1996 was held by a local person. (fn. 34)
The manor house, The Hall, has a low building at the north-west corner which was probably the 16th-century service range to a hall which lay to its north. A large red brick house was built to the south and east in the earlier 19th century and there is a late 19th-century block on the presumed site of the hall. The garden is now to the south and east, but a platform to the west of the house and church may have been the early hall garden, mentioned in 1506. (fn. 35) That perhaps served the early house whose main fronts pre- sumably faced east and west.
Manor of Wormingford.
The manor descended with Little Horkesley until 1623 when Humphrey Winch, one of the justices of common pleas, (fn. 26) sold it to Frances Alston of Polstead (Suff.), from whom it passed to her son Thomas Alston. (fn. 27) William Hale of King's Walden (Herts.) acquired it before 1685, (fn. 28) and c. 1690 sold it to the Drye family of Milton (Northants.). (fn. 29) In 1791 George Nottidge bought it (then described as a farm called Garners). (fn. 30) He or another George Nottidge died in 1855 and it remained in his family until 1884 when James Inglis bought the estate, no longer described as a manor. (fn. 31)
Frances married Thomas ALSTON of Gedding Hall  [MRIN: 1015], son of William ALSTON Siam Hall And Sible Hedingham ESS  and Margery HOLMSTEAD , on 28 Apr 1606 in Newton SFK. (Thomas ALSTON of Gedding Hall  was christened on 16 Nov 1572 in Newton Nr Sudbury SFK, died on 21 Jan 1619/20 in Newton Nr Sudbury SFK and was buried on 25 Jan 1619/20 in Newton Nr Sudbury SFK.)
Frances next married Sir John TEMPLE of Biddlesden BKM  [MRIN: 1016], son of Sir Thomas TEMPLE 1st Bart. of Stowe.  and Hester SANDYS , on 16 Feb 1625/26 in Polstead SFK. (Sir John TEMPLE of Biddlesden BKM  was christened on 10 Nov 1593 in Stowe BKM, died on 23 Sep 1632 in Stowe BKM and was buried in Stantonbury BKM.)