George Yorke VANDERZEE 
- Born: 5 Feb 1851, Sth Shoebury ESS
- Christened: 9 Mar 1851, Sth Shoebury ESS
- Marriage: Rosalie Zillah HOLT  on 7 Apr 1881 in St Peter Brighton SSX
- Died: 29 Jan 1941, Kensington LND aged 89
5th inst, at South Shoebury, the wife of G Vanderzee, Esq, of a son and heir.
Chelmsford Chronicle Friday, 14 February 1851.
BDM. Ref: D/P 282/1/3
Baptism South Shoebury ESS, 310, 9 Mar 1851 George Yorke s George Vanderzee Esq., & Eliza Ann Wood Vanderzee of South Shoebury. Annotation "Privately christened Oct 9 1852"
Birth ref: Rochford 12 221 March 1851
George Yorke is recorded in the List of Carthusians as a pupil of Charterhouse School Godalming SRY: "1863 b1751"
The following appointments have been made in the Civil Service:
George Yorke Vanderzee to a clerkship in the Exchequer and Audit Office.
Ref: Pall Mall Gazette 29 October 1869.
Civil Service Law or Department.
G. Y Vanderzee to be senior examiner, Inland Revenue.
The Times April 24, 1875 page 11 col F.
Vanderzee York George. 7 Oxford & Cambridge Mansions Marylebone Rd NW.
Post Office Directory (Court) 1882
Exchequer & Audit Dept. Examining Branch.
Examiners 1st Section.
. . . . . George Yorke Vanderzee . . . . .
Post Office London Directory (Official) 1882.
Exchequer & Audit Dept Somerset House WC 1889
George Yorke Vanderzee is recorded in the Second Class Clerks (Second Section)
Problems of Elementary Education.
Sir John Gorst, the vice president of the Council, yesterday attended at the dedication of the completion of the National Schools of St Stephen, Paddington, by the Bishop of London. The ceremony of yesterday was presided over by the Vicar . . . . . Those present including the Bishop of London, Sir J Gorst, MP, Sir H Bardett, Col Huntly, the Rev W M Groggs, Mr G Y Vanderzee, and Mr E C Harris and Mr F St R Hackett Smith the churchwardens. There was a crowded attendance, after the service of dedication was over. . . . Morning Post Friday, 18 November 1898.
Vanderzee George Y Exchequer & Audit Dept. Directing Branch.
Post Office Official Directory London 1899
Vanderzee George. 31 Westbourne Park Rd. W.
Post Office Directory London 1915
Vaanderzee G Y 12 Pembridge vis W2 Park 9157 - LON 1930
British Phone Books 1880 - 1984 - Ancestry
Court Directory 1902, Vanderzee Geo York, 17 Kildare gds, W.
1941 Death: March quarter, Kensington 1a 187 - VANDERZEE George Y, 90.
Vanderzee George Yorke of 12 Penbridge Villas Kensington London died 29 January 1941 Probate Llandudno 27 March to Evelyn Geordie Vanderzee spinster and Henry Charles Barrow Wilson Solicitor. Effect's L4084 1s 7d.
1. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, South Shoebury ESS. George is recorded as Vanderze a son aged 2mths born South Shoebury
2. Census: England, 8 Apr 1861, 16 Elizabeth St Mary Paddington MDX. George is recorded as son aged 10 a scholar born South Shoebury ESS
3. Census: England, 2 Apr 1871, Paddington London MDX. George is described as a son aged 20 unmarried examiner in ......... office born St Shoebury ESS
4. Census: England, 3 Apr 1881, 31 Westborne Park Rd London MDX. George is recorded as born abt 1851 St Shoebury ESS son occupation Clerk Somerset House.
5. Census: England, 5 Apr 1891, 17 Kildare Gardens St Stephens Parish Paddington London MDX. George is recorded as Vandergee Head of house married aged 40 Clerk with the Civil Audit Office Somerset Hse born Sth Shoebury ESS. Plus three servants
6. Census: England, 31 Mar 1901, 17 Kildare Gardens St Stephens Parish Paddington London MDX. George is described as head of house aged 50 born in Essex occupation Civil Servant Clerk in the Exechequer and Audit Dept
7. Census: England, 2 Apr 1911, 31 Westborne Park Rd London MDX. George is recorded as head of a house of 10 rooms aged 60 married for 30 yrs a Principle Clerk at the Exchequer & Audit Office Victoria Embankment, born South Shoebury ESS. There are two servants in the house.
George married Rosalie Zillah HOLT  [MRIN: 3142], daughter of William HOLT  and Julia Roslie BREWER , on 7 Apr 1881 in St Peter Brighton SSX. (Rosalie Zillah HOLT  was born 1st Qtr 1852 in Bloomsbury London and died on 5 Feb 1928 in Kensington LND.)