Henry Frederick ALSTON 
- Born: 23 Jan 1790, Kempston BED
- Christened: 7 Aug 1790, Kempston BED
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth BALL 
- Marriage (2): Louisa Sophia RAYNSFORD 
- Marriage (3): Jane NICHOLSON  on 29 Oct 1839 in Ufford SFK
- Died: 20 Dec 1864, 42 Chichester Villers Kilburn MDX aged 74
- Buried: 26 Dec 1864, All Souls Kensal Green Cemetery LND
Gent's. Mag. 1839 29 Oct.
At Watford Henry Fred Alston Esq. 4th son of late T. Alston Esq. of Odell Castle Beds. to Jane 2nd dau. of Alex. Nicholson Esq. late East Coast Charlton Regis. Gloucestershire formerly Capt. 2nd Life Guards.
The Canterbury Association.
An advertisement by the Association under the name of its president the Archbishop of Canterbury, and a committee of worthies, invites gentlemen to emigrate to New Zealand.
H. F. Alston is shown as secretary.
Ipswich Journal 9 March 1850.
Not found in 1861 census.
Henry is widely recorded in documents pertaining to the Canterbury Association, in the Christchurch Museum, New Zealand and on Archway NZ.
Ref: M.R.Burn 2010 
New Zealand Card Index
In Canterbury papers. nos.9 & 10 . . . . .  23cm.) GNZ 995.84 C23GNZ 1615.
Henry Frederick Alston
Estimated birth year:abt 1790
Burial Date:26 Dec 1864
Burial Place:All Souls, Kensal Green, LND
Register Type:Bishop's Transcript
Alston Henry Frederick Esq. 13 December 1865. Letters of administration of the Personal estate and effects of Henry Frederick Alston late of 42 Chichester Villas Kilburn in the County of Middlesex Esq deceased who died 20 December 1864 and 42 Chichester Villas aforesaid were granted at the Principal Registry to Jane Alston of 4 Church Road Norfolk Rd, Dalston in the County aforesaid Widow the Relict of the deceased she having been first sworn. Effects under £800.
National Probate Calendar.
1. Census: England, 7 Jun 1841, St John St Marylebone LND. Henry is recorded as aged 50 of independant means born London
2. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, 1 Wellington Rd St Mary le Bone MDX. Henry is recorded as head of house married aged 61 Secretary Canterbury Associate (Association) born Kempston BED.
Henry married Elizabeth BALL  [MRIN: 1430], daughter of David BALL of Satborough Somerset.  and Unknown.
Henry next married Louisa Sophia RAYNSFORD  [MRIN: 1436], daughter of Nicholas RAYNSFORD  and Unknown.
Henry next married Jane NICHOLSON  [MRIN: 1439], daughter of Alex NICHOLSON of Ufford Suffolk  and Unknown, on 29 Oct 1839 in Ufford SFK. (Jane NICHOLSON  was born about 1818 in Marylebone London MDX and died on 18 Oct 1877 in Clacton On Sea.)