Walden ALSTON 
- Born: 18 Feb 1834, Saffron Walden ESS
- Christened: 15 Apr 1834, Saffron Walden ESS
- Died: 14 Dec 1853, Studland DOR aged 19
- Buried: 19 Dec 1853, Studland Graveyard, DOR
Waldin appears to have been named after the village his family were resident in when he was born and baptised? The entry in the Saffron Walden register appears clearly as Waldin Alston, the i with a clear dot, the parish with an e. Accordingly this researcher will use the i although it had reverted to an e at his death.
Waldin died a minor aged 19, and is buried in an altar tomb beside his fathers grave on the uphill side (west) of the church under an ancient yew . The stone lid is inscribed:
"To the memory of Walden Alston third surviving son of the Rev George Alston B.A. Rector of this Parish. Who departed this life on the 14th Dec 1853 in the 19th year of his age".
Cresswell in Alstoniana implys by dates that Waldin may have been a twin to William but this is unsubstantiated.
On inquiry to the Anglican Church in Clontarf, Dublin, there is no record of Waldin being baptised there, although his brother William was. The records were searched for the years 1834-35.
No. 322 page 41 Burials. Dorset Record Office. Studland Parish.
1. Census: England, 7 Jun 1841, Ever Green Cottage Lepton Kirk Heaton Yorkshire. Walden is recorded as aged 7 not born in Yorkshire
2. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, Bletchingley SRY. Walden is recorded as the articled pupil of Edward Boulger Surgeon and Physician, he is unmarried aged 17 a student of medicine and surgery born Saffron Walden ESS HO107/1600