Simon FENN 
- Born: Abt 1816, Barham SFK
- Christened: 25 Dec 1818, Claydon SFK
- Marriage: Mary WILLEY  on 21 Jun 1839 in Henly SFK
- Buried: 8 Nov 1895, Hemingstone SFK
A Simon Fenn was christened 25 Dec 1818 at Claydon son of Simon and Mary.
Simon was described as a tailor of Hemingstone in his daughters christening entry.
Whites Directory Suffolk 1844 Hemingstone: Simon Fenn tailor.
Burglary in Park Terrace, Bolton.
This Court Report involves a series of burglaries by one James William Smith which included him in endeavouring to pawn a quantity of wearing apparel at Colchester which had been stolen from the house of Simon Fenn tailor, of Hemingstone.
Ref: Ipswich Journal Saturday 9 August 1851
Simon is described as a tailor in April 1863 his daughters wedding.
Suffolk - Hemingstone, Henley & Barham,
Three Miles from the Railway Station at Needham Market, and five from Ipswich.
Messrs Butcher are instructed to SELL by AUCTION, at the Coach and Horses Inn, Ipswich, on Tuesday June 4th, 1867, at Twelve for One o'clock at Noon in Five Lots.
A Valuable ESTATE, lying next the Road from Barham Green to the Church at Hemingstone*, and nearly surrounded by the Estate of Lady Middleton, comprising a FARM HOUSE, commanding fine views of a prettily wooded country, with FARM PREMISES, TWO COTTAGES, and 71 Acres 1 Rood 29 Perches of fine ARABLE and PASTURE LAND, in the occupation of Mr Simon Fenn, whose tenancy expires at Michaelmas next. Also, various sums amounting to L700 secured on the Tolls of the Turnpike Rds from Ipswich to Helmingham, &c.
Particulars and Conditions of Sale, with a Plan of the Lots, may be obtained of Henry Bellman, Esq., solicitors, Bungay; at the Place of Sale; and of Messrs Butcher, auctioneers, Norwich; and at No1 Charles St, Grosvenor Square, London, W.
Ref: Ipswich Journal Sat 4 May 1867 pg 3
* Bulls Rd.
Suffolk Burial Search records a Simon Fenn buried 8/11/95, abode Henley buried Hemingstone aged 79yrs by William I Chapman Rector.
1. Census: England, 7 Jun 1841, Hemingstone SFK. Simon is described as a tailor aged 25
2. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, Hemingstone SFK. Simon is described as head of house married aged 35 tailor employing one man born Barham
3. Census: England, 8 Apr 1861, Debenham Rd Hemingstone. Simon is described as head of house married aged 44 a tailor born Barham SFK
4. Census: England, 2 Apr 1871, Bulls Rd Hemingstone SFK. Simon is described as head of house married aged 54 farmer of 55 acres employing 2 men born Barham SFK
5. Census: England, 3 Apr 1881, Farm Rd Hemingstone. Simon is described as head of house married aged 64 farmer of 44 acres employing 1 man born Barham SFK
6. Census: England, 5 Apr 1891, Farm Rd Hemingstone. Simon is described as head of house married aged 74 farmer born Barham SFK
Simon married Mary WILLEY  [MRIN: 1675] on 21 Jun 1839 in Henly SFK. (Mary WILLEY  was born about 1816 in High Laver ESS and died on 10 Jan 1895 in Hemingstone SFK.)