The Kings Candlesticks - Family Trees
|Mary HOPKINS 
Mary HOPKINS 
- Born: Cir 1811, Talley CMN
- Died: 24 Apr 1892, Gelly House Llangadock CMN aged about 81
Mary did not marry.
Hopkins Mary of Gelly House Llangadock CMN spinster died 24 April 1892 at Carreg Cennen Llandilofawr CMN Probate London 10 October 1892 to Mary Powell widow Effects £6058 8s 3d
National Probate Calendar.
1. Census: Wales, 8 Apr 1861, Gelly Talley CMN. Mary is recorded as a sister unmarried aged 50 born Talley
2. Census: Wales, 2 Apr 1871, Gelly House Talley CMN. Mary is recorded as a sister unmarried aged 60 a retired from farming born Talley
3. Census: Wales, 3 Apr 1881, Gelly House Talley Llangadock CMN. Mary is recorded as a sister unmarried aged 70 a retired from farming born Talley
4. Mary Hopkins: Will 5 Nov 1883. Probate 10 Oct 1892.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Mary Hopkins of Gelly House in the parish of Llangadock in the County of Carmarthen spinster.
To my nephew Edward Hopkins surgeon and my niece Mary Powell wife of Thomas Powell all that freehold farm called Pwllyfuwch in the parish of Llangadock. Also all that freehold dwellinghouse called Gelly House in the parish of Llangadock. Also all those 2 cottages stables and gardens adjoining thereto and all other my real estate. Also all my monies and securities to hold all the same in trust.
I give and bequeath unto my nephew John Hopkins the eldest son of my brother Edward the interests of £1000 to be paid him half yearly by my trustees at his death the principal sum to be paid to his children.
I give and bequeath unto my nephew Nathaniel Hopkins surgeon the 2nd son of my brother Edward a legacy of £500.
I give and bequeath unto my said nephew Edward Hopkins a legacy of £500
I give and bequeath all my household furniture goods and chattels at Gelly House aforesaid unto my niece Mary Powell absolutely.
As to the proceeds of the rest residue and remainder of my personal estate to be paid to my said niece Mary Powell for her natural life for her absolute use, at her death then as directed by her will.
Executors Edward Hopkins and Mary Powell
5 November 1883
Signed: Mary Hopkins.
Witnesses: John Morgan solicitor Merthyr Tydfil. Edward Perkins Llangadock.
Probate 10 October 1892 to Mary Powell widow.
Copyright © and all rights reserved to Edward Liveing Fenn and all other contributors of personal data. No personal data to be used without attribution or for commercial purposes. Interested persons who wish to share this data are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange same and be given the details.