John St Vincent "Jack" HAND 
- Born: Dec 1872, Southsea HAM
- Marriage (1): Adele KING  in 1905
- Marriage (2): Edith Mary  in 1920
- Died: Guernsey CHI
John was nicknamed Jack and named St Vincent as his father was captain of HMS Vincent.
John was a witness at the marriage of his sister Ida to the Rev Albert A Turreff in 1906.
John was a civil servant and worked in Nigera/Lagos for some years before retiring to Guernsey about 1920. He and his wife Edith travelled a good deal between 1920-37. They were recorded as arriving at various ports in England at least 9 times from such places as Lagos, Algiers, Trinidad and Villefranche. His address in Guernsey was Brookleigh, Queens Rd., St Peter Port.
Anthony Turreff has several photos from a visit made to John Hand, by James & Rose Turrett, in Guernsey just prior to WWII. (2010)
1. Census: England, 3 Apr 1881, Vancouver Landport Portsea HAM. John is recorded as a son aged 8 scholar born Southsea
2. Census: England, 5 Apr 1891, 30 Vanburgh Pk St Johns Greenwich. John is recorded as a son aged 18 a scholar born Southsea.
Jack married Adele KING  [MRIN: 3407] in 1905. (Adele KING  was born about 1875.)
Jack next married Edith Mary  [MRIN: 3408] in 1920. (Edith Mary  was born in 1887.)