Maria Louisa JULIUS 
- Born: 7 Dec 1844, Farnham SRY
- Baptised: 3 Jan 1845, Farnham SRY
- Marriage (1): Arthur BREWIN  on 7 Jul 1868 in Wrecclesham Church Farnham SRY
- Died: 19 May 1933, Twickenham aged 88
On the 7th inst, at Wrecclesham, by the Rev Joseph Henry Butterworth, MA perpetual curate of Stapleton, near Bristol, uncle of the bride, Arthur Brewin, of the Adelaide Road NW and 2 Copthall Chambers, EC, London, to Maria Louisa third daughter of the Rev Henry Richard Julius, MA, incumbent of Wrecclesham.
Ref: Morning Advertiser 10 July 1868.
Julius Jottings. January 1900 No. 1.
Mrs Brewin wishes us to state that she would be very grateful for a ticket for the Bath Hospital, and will gladly give all particulars of the case for whom it is needed.
Julius Jottings. April 1900 No.2.
We are indebted to Mrs Brewin's diary.
The first of January George (Brewin) arrived from visiting the Parkers at Rowledge. The New Year are bought Janette (Mrs Stanley Julius) over from Richmond for a call, and I heard from her that Villiers was shortly leaving for Colombo. On the 11th we welcomed Julius and Raymond Layard, who were spending their holidays in Richmond, and George escorted them to Hampton Court. On the 20th Agnes (Brewin) returned to Somerville College, Oxford, for her second term. On the 29th Julius (Brewin) left home to share his brother Frank's lodgings in Kensington. On the first of February Katie Julius, of Redhill, gave us a call. She came to escort a young servant to her first situation. (N.B. - she is a first rate hand at supplying her friends with the young servants). The following week Ella (Brewin) went to stay with the Thompsons at Peterborough, and helped them to move into their new house. Meanwhile, the Rev A. W. Parker and Mrs Parker came to pay us a visit, and I took the opportunity to have some music. Mrs Bateman came over, and Lucie, Laura and I are played most beautifully trios by Beethoven, Brahms, Fesca, Gounod etc. As one of the audience observed, it was "as good as St James Hall without the trouble of going there". Since then Mrs Arthur Julius, who was looking as well as ever, has been to see me.
Surrey History Centre:
WARE FAMILY OF TILFORD, FARNHAM
Catalogue Ref. 1487
Ware family of Tilford, Farnham, Surrey
Tayler family of Tilford, Farnham, Surrey
TITLE DEEDS, TILFORD AND ASH
COPY WILL OF MARTIN WARE (D.1872) WITH SUCCESSION DUTY FORM
S, VALUATIONS, PAPERS AND CORRESPONDENCE RELATING TO THE DIVISION OF THE ESTATE, ALSO TESTAMENTARY PAPERS OF OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY, AND OTHERS
FILE - Heads of settlement on marriage of Mr Arthur Brewin and Miss Maria Louisa Julius (1868); note as to funds divisible among Mrs Ware's sons under Mrs Burden's will (1859); copy will of Mary Dawling widow of Headley, Hants (1873); blank forms for a will, and for a married woman's will (1849 - ref. 1487/12/39-44 - date: 1849-1873
Image courtesy N Bucknell (My Heritage)
1. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, Rectory Wrecclesham Farnham. Maria is recorded as a daughter aged 6 scholar at home born Farnham
2. Census: England, 2 Apr 1871, Somers Villa Isleworth MDX. Maria is shown wife of Arthur aged 26 born Farnham
3. Census: England, 3 Apr 1881, 78 Church Rd Richmond SRY. Maria is recorded as a wife aged 36 born Farnham
4. Census: England, 5 Apr 1891, 19 Strawberry Hill Rd Twickenham MDX. Maria L is recorded as a wife aged 46 born Farnham SRY
5. Census: England, 31 Mar 1901, 19 Strawberry Hill Rd Twickenham MDX. Maria Louisa is recorded as a wife aged 56 born Farnham SRY
6. Census: England, 2 Apr 1911, 53 Popes Grove Twickenham LND. Maria Louisa is recorded as a wife aged 66 mother of 6 children 5 still living born Farnham SRY
Maria married Arthur BREWIN  [MRIN: 339], son of Francis BREWIN Jnr  and Emma SAVILL , on 7 Jul 1868 in Wrecclesham Church Farnham SRY. (Arthur BREWIN  was born on 17 Aug 1835 in New Kent Rd SRY, baptised on 17 Aug 1835 in New Kent Rd SRY, died on 30 Mar 1919 in The Jungle Popes-grove Twickenham MDX and was buried on 2 Apr 1919 in Twickenham Cemetery.)