Lucy Vanderzee FENN 
- Born: 30 Jan 1848, Nayland SFK
- Baptised: 20 Apr 1848, Nayland SFK
- Marriage: Surgeon Major Nathaniel HOPKINS  on 29 Oct 1877 in St Pauls Church Manora, Kurrachee, India
- Died: 21 Oct 1909, Kent England aged 61
- Buried: Nayland Burial Ground
30th ult., the wife of T Harrold Fenn, Esq., of Nayland, of a daughter.
Ref: Ipswich Journal Saturday 5 February 1848.
LUCY VANDERZEE FENN
Dau of Thomas H & Maria
Suffolk Baptism Index (part 1)
Sponsors at Lucy's baptism were, George Vanderzee, Mary Ann Liveing, Anna M Liveing.
Lucy met her husband in India while staying with her sister Mrs Coates.
LUCY'S CONFESSIONS June 1891
MY FAVOURITE VIRTUE: Unselfishness
MY IDEA OF HAPPINESS: Swinging in a hammock
MY IDEA OF MISERY: A sea voyage
MY FAVOURITE OCCUPATION: Reading
MY FAVOURITE COLOUR: Crimson
MY FAVOURITE FLOWER: Violet
MY FAVOURITE POETS: Scott
MY FAVOURITE PROSE AUTHORS: Edna Lyall
MY FAVOURITE PAINTER: Leader & Vicat Cole
MY FAVOURITE FOOD: Bread & butter
MY FAVOURITE NAMES: Dorothy
MY PET AVERSION: Children with whooping cough
MY FAVOURITE MOTTO: Never say die
The 1860's Log Books of the Nayland School show Lucy as a visitor, listening to the children recite, or helping with needlework etc.
Hopkins-Fenn. 29th October, at St Paul's Church, Manora, Kurrachee, India, by the Reverent Digby Cotes, joint Chaplain of Kurrachee, brother in law of the bride, Nathaniel Hopkins, Esq., Surgeon Major, Civil Surgeon of Kurrachee, to Lucy Vanderzee, youngest daughter of the late Thomas Harold Fenn, Esq., of Nayland Suffolk.
Ref: Ipswich Journal 1 December 1887
1909 Death: December quarter, Thanet 2a 581 - HOPKINS Lucy Vanderzee, 61.
Lucy is buried in Nayland Burial Ground her headstone reads "In loving memory of Lucy Vanderzee Hopkins born Jan 30 1848, died Oct 21 1909. Her children rise up and all her blessed".
Pastel at age 6 1854 by Sydney Buck in possession of Adrian Hopkins 1998 Vale View Marnhull Dorset.
Lucy's photo LVF3 was by Gunn & Stewart of Richmond, the origional is with Adrian Hopkins 1999.
1. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, Bear St Nayland SFK. Lucy is recorded as a daughter aged 3 born Nayland SFK
2. Census: England, 8 Apr 1861, Ramsay Rd St Ives Huntingdonshire. Lucy is described as a scholar aged 13 born Nayland SFK
3. Census: England, 2 Apr 1871, Bear St Nayland SFK. Lucy is recorded as a sister (of Edward Liveing Fenn) aged 23 unmarried born Nayland SFK
4. Census: England, 3 Apr 1881, Salisbury Lodge Letham Rd Sutton SRY. Lucy is recorded as a wife aged 33 born Nayland SFK
5. Census: England, 5 Apr 1891, Wimbledon LND. Lucy is recorded as a wife aged 43 born Nayland SFK
6. Census: England, 31 Mar 1901, The Hawthorns Easebourne West SSX. Lucy is recorded as head of house a widow aged 53 living on her own means born Nayland SFK
Lucy married Surgeon Major Nathaniel HOPKINS  [MRIN: 6], son of Edward HOPKINS  and Anne REES , on 29 Oct 1877 in St Pauls Church Manora, Kurrachee, India. (Surgeon Major Nathaniel HOPKINS  was born about 1834 in Langadock Carmarthenshire Wales, died on 24 Jan 1894 and was buried on 27 Jan 1894 in Wimbledon Cemetery London.)