Edward HOPKINS 
- Born: Talley Wales
- Christened: 27 Feb 1804, Talley Wales
- Marriage (1): Anne REES  on 18 Jun 1828 in Llangadock CMN WLS
- Died: 4 Mar 1872, Cui Lodge Llandilofawr CMN aged 68
Baptism date27 Feb 1804
Father's first name(s)John
Mother's first name(s)-
Record setCarmarthenshire Baptisms
File - Final Concord between Edward Hopkins, plaintiff and John Harries and his wife re lands in parish of Llangadock, Carmarthen, 1790, Aug. 11.
54. vtls005531898 ISYSARCHB29
File - Abstract Of Title of Edward Hopkins of Cui Lodge, co. Carmarthen to messuages formerly known as
Glyncymeri and Gelly Gravan ..., 1866.
191. vtls005532040 ISYSARCHB29
File - Supplementary abstract of the title of Edward Hopkins to a messuage called Llwynyrynn parish of Llangadock, co.
Carmarthen, 1866, Dec. 214.
214. vtls005532062 ISYSARCHB29
Marriage date18 Jun 1828
Spouse's first name(s)Anne
Spouse's last nameRees
Record setCarmarthenshire Marriages And Banns
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1804
Registration Year: 1872
Registration Quarter: Jan-Feb-Mar
Age at Death: 68
Registration district: Llandilofawr
1. Census: Wales, 7 Jun 1841, Duffryn Cydrick Langadock Carmarthenshire Wales. Edward is recorded as aged 35 a farmer born Wales
2. Census: Wales, 30 Mar 1851, Caemawr Llandilofawr CMN WLS. Edward is recorded as head of house aged 47 a farmer of 160 acres born Talley WLS
3. Census: Wales, 8 Apr 1861, Llandebie Llandilofawr CMN Wales. Edward is recorded as head of house married aged 57 a farmer of 170 acres employing 3 men and a boy born Talley CMN
4. Census: Wales, 2 Apr 1871, Cue Lodge Llandeilo Fawr Llandilo Carmarthenshire. Edward is recorded as head of house married age 67 a retired farmer born Tally CMN
5. Edward Hopkins: Will 23 May 1867.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Edward Hopkins of Cui Lodge in the County of Carmarthen, gentlemen.
I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Anne Hopkins the sum of £1000 for which I hold a debenture bond from the great Western Railway Company in trust that she may take the dividends interest and annual produce thereof for her own absolute use and benefit for and during her life and from and after her death I give and bequeath the said principle sum of £1000 in manner following viz:
The sum of £600 part thereof I give and bequeath to my son John Hopkins, and the sum of £200 further part thereof I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary the wife of Mr Thomas Powell of Ahosfawr and to each of my sons Nathaniel Hopkins and Edward Hopkins I give and bequeath the sum of £100 the remainder of the said principle sum of £1000 and I give and bequeath all the rest residue and remainder of my personal estate wheresoever to my said wife. The provision made by me in this my Will in favour of my said wife to be in addition to the provision she is entitled to by our marriage settlement and I appoint my said wife the Sole Executrix of this my Will
In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 23rd day of May 1867
Signed and acknowledged by the said Edward Hopkins the Testator as his Will in the presence of us present at the same time and who in his presence and in the presence of each other have here unto subscribed our names as witnesses.
David Harries Draper - Llandilo
Nathaniel Davies - Solicitor Llandilo
Proved at Carmarthen the 27th day of June 1872 by the oath of Anne Hopkins widow the Relict the sole Executrix to whom probate was granted.
The testator Edward Hopkins was late of Cui Lodge in the parish of Llandilofawr in the County of Carmarthen gentleman and died on the 4th day of Mar 1872 at Cui Lodge aforesaid
Probate extracted by Nathaniel Davies solicitor Llandilo.
"A Correct Copy"
Hopkins Edward 27 June 1872. The Will of Edward Hopkins late of Cui Lodge in the parish of Llandilofawr in the County of Carmarthen Gentleman who died 4 March 1872 at Cui Lodge was proved at Carmarthen by and Hopkins of Cui Lodge Widow the Relict the sole Executrix Effects under £1500
National Probate Calendar
Edward married Anne REES  [MRIN: 120], daughter of REES OF BRGWYTH  and Unknown, on 18 Jun 1828 in Llangadock CMN WLS. (Anne REES  was born circa 1799 in Llangadock CMN WLS and died in 1884 in Llandilofawr CMN.)