Lt Col. Dr Edward HOPKINS 
- Born: 25 Apr 1836, Llangadock CMN WLS
- Christened: 11 May 1836, Llangadock CMN WLS
- Died: 30 Mar 1914, Carreg Cennen Llandilo aged 77
- Buried: 2 Apr 1914, St Davids Llandilofawr
Birth date25 Apr 1836
Baptism date11 May 1836
Father's first name(s)Edward
Mother's first name(s)Anne
Record setCarmarthenshire Baptisms.
Edward was in the Indian Medical Service, he did not marry and retired Carreg Cennen Wales.
Military records Medal rolls : The Indian Mutiny Medal Roll (British Forces) 1857-1859.
Edward Hopkins Assistant Surgeon Medical Department.
Edward Hopkins is named as a cousin and beneficiary in the Will of Nathaniel Davies  Solicitor - 1879
Llandelo Local Board.
The clerk read a letter from Mr Aeron Thomas, solicitor, in which he stated that he had been instructed by Dr Edward Hopkins to prepare a lease of certain water rights between himself and the board. The board was amused at the letter, as Mr Thomas seemed to think the matter a very formidable one, and one which could entail considerable expense. The clerk read his reply, which the board entirely approved of. The chairman said that Dr Hopkins was prepared to accept the board's offer of £3 per annum for easement at Ronen-fawr.
Carmarthen Weekly Reporter 8 February 1884
This report is not proven to Edward 
Edward is mentioned as assisting in an operation with his friend Dr Lloyd: Dr Lloyd attended his young patient over many months being accompanied on more than one occasion by his distinguished friend, Dr Edward Hopkins of Carreg-cennen, one of the heroes of General Lord Roberts famous Afghan march.
Carmarthen Weekly Reporter 3 June 1892.
Edward was a beneficiary of the Will 1892 of his aunt Mary Hopkins
Burial date02 Apr 1914
ParishSt Davids Llandeilo Fawr
Record setCarmarthenshire Burials
1. Edward Hopkins: Baptism 11 May 1836: Llangadock CMN WLS.
2. Census: Wales, 7 Jun 1841, Langadock Carmarthenshire Wales. Edward is recorded as aged 5 born Wales
3. Census: Wales, 30 Mar 1851, Caemawr Llandilofawr CMN WLS. Edward is recorded as a son aged 14 at home born Llangadock WLS
4. Census: Wales, 5 Apr 1891, Careg Cenen House Llandilo Fawr CMN. Edward is recorded as a brother unmarried aged 54 retired Army Brigade Surgeon born Llangadock CMN
5. Census: Wales, 31 Mar 1901, Carreg Cennen Llandilo Fawr Teilo CMN. Edward is recorded as a brother unmarried aged 64 a Brigade Surgeon (retired) born Llangodoch WLS bilingual
6. Census: Wales, 2 Apr 1911, Carreg Cennen Llandilo WLS. Edward is recorded as a brother aged 74 single a Brigade surgeon Army Medical Service born Llangadock WLS. Bilingual English and Welsh.
7. Edward Hopkins: Will, 1 Aug 1883.
THIS IS THE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT of me EDWARD HOPKINS of the Cavalry Barracks Leeds in the county of York Surgeon Major in the Army Medical Department
I appoint Thomas Powell of Carreg Cennen in the parish of Llandilofawr in the county of Carmarthen sole TRUSTEE and EXECUTOR of this MY Will
I give and bequeath to my brother John Hopkins of Yaismeudroy (Ynysmeudwy) in the County of Glamorgan an annuity of two hundred and forty pounds during his life by equal half yearly payments the first payment to be made at the end of six calendar months after my death And within six months after the death of my said brother John Hopkins I give and bequeath to the children (except the eldest son) of my said brother John Hopkins the sum of six thousand pounds which sum is to be paid to the said children in equal shares and I charge all my estate with the payment of the said annuity and the said sum of six thousand pounds All the rest of my property of every description I give devise and bequeath to my sister Mary Powell the wife of the said Thomas Powell absolutely and in the event of her dying in my lifetime then to her husband the said Thomas Powell for his life and after his death to such child or children of my said sister as he the said Thomas Powell may by Will appoint
IN WITNESS whereof I have hereunto set my hand this twenty first day of August one thousand eight hundred and eighty three
E HOPKINS Surgeon Major
Signed by the said testator Edward Hopkins as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us present at the same time who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses
J AERON THOMAS Solr Swansea
THOMAS THOMAS his clerk
On the 1st day of August 1914 Administration (with will) was granted to Mary Powell the residuary legatee
Hopkins Edward of Carreg Cennen Llandelofawr Carmarthenshire died 30 Mar 1914. Administration with will London 1 August 1914 to Mary Powell widow Effects £29,313 19s 9d
National Probate Calendar.