Ada Alexandrina JULIUS 
- Born: 17 Aug 1852, Mortlake SRY
- Christened: 14 Nov 1852, St John Richmond SRY
- Marriage (1): Sir Charles Peter LAYARD  on 15 Apr 1882 in Kandy Ceylon
- Died: 20 Nov 1934, Green Hayes Liss HAM aged 82
Julius. On the 17th inst, at Stanley Lodge, Mortlake, Surrey, the lady of Alfred Alexander Julius, Esq, of a daughter.
Ref: London Evening Standard 18 August 1852. Also Sussex Advertiser 24 August 1852.
Birth & baptism details IGI film FHL 1042204 - to search 2009
Layard - Julius. April 15, at St Paul's Church, Kandy, Ceylon, by the Rt Rev, the Lord Bishop of Colombo, assisted by the Rev E F Miller, MA, warden of St Thomas's College, Colombo, Charles Peter Layard, MA, Cantab, barrister at law, of Colombo, only son of Sir Charles Peter Layard, KCMG, to Ada Alexandrina, second daughter of the late Alfred Alexander Julius, of Stanley Lodge, Mortlake, Surrey, Esq.
Ref: London Evening Standard 22 April 1882.
Layard. On Nov 20 1934, at Greenhayes Liss Hants Dame A Alexandrina Layard, widow of Sir Charles Peter Layard. Cremation private. No flowers or morning, by her own request. Memorial service at Midland Church Liphook, at 2:30 PM tomorrow (Thursday) (Ceylon papers please copy)
Layard Dame Ada Alexandrina of Greenhayes Liss Hampshire widow died 20 November 1934. Probate London 14 February 1935 to Charles Peter Julius Layard Lt Col in HM Army and Edith Vivian Layard spinster. Effects £22,991 7s 10d.
National Probate Calendar.
Ref: Images National Portrait Gallery London.
1. Census: England, 8 Apr 1861, Stanley Lodge Ship Lane St Mary Mortlake London. Ada is recorded as a daughter aged 8 scholar born Mortlake SRY
2. Census: England, 2 Apr 1871, Stanley Lodge Ship Lane St Mary Mortlake London. Ada is recorded as an unmarried daughter aged 18 born in Mortlake SRY
Ada married Sir Charles Peter LAYARD  [MRIN: 266], son of Sir Charles Peter LAYARD K C M G  and Louisa Anne EDWARDS , on 15 Apr 1882 in Kandy Ceylon. (Sir Charles Peter LAYARD  was born on 5 Dec 1849 in Colombo Ceylon. and died on 8 Jun 1915 in Grey Hse Langton Tonbridge Kent England.)