Emma Angeline MAERTENS 
- Born: 12 Jun 1905, Hawaii
- Marriage (1): Thomas Kaomealani NAHIWA  on 10 Jun 1922 in South Kohola Hawaii
- Marriage (2): John HAENA  on 8 Apr 1950 in Hilo Hawaii HI
- Died: 21 Aug 1999, Hawaii aged 94
Maertens, Emma - Birth
Vital Birth Information
12 Jun 1905
Kamuela, Hawaii, T. H. <http://places.ancestry.com/index.aspx?tid=12157030&pid=-324034351&eid=65929299748>
To Hiram Jesse Haena
Nahiwa Thomas Kaomealani married Maertens Emma Angeline 11 Jun 1922 S Kohala H-45 p62
Ref: Marriages Hawaii 1911-1929
Obituary Daily Times Index, 1995-2012
Name: Emma Maertens
Publication Date: 5 Apr 1999
Death Date: abt 1999
Age at Death: 92
Birth Date: Abt 1907
Original data: The Obituary Daily Times. The Obituary Daily Times. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obituary
Social Security Death Index
Name: Emma Haena SSN: 575-20-2166 Last Residence: 96720 Hilo, Hawaii, Hawaii, United States of America Born: 12 Jun 1905 Died: 21 Aug 1999 State (Year) SSN issued: Hawaii (Before 1951)
Source Citation: Number: 575-20-2166; Issue State: Hawaii; Issue Date: Before 1951.
Ancestry.com. Social Security Death Index [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2011.
Original data: Social Security Administration. Social Security Death Index, Master File. Social Security Administration.
Maertens, Emma - Death
Vital Death Information
21 Aug 1999
Hilo, Hawaii Co., HI <http://places.ancestry.com/index.aspx?tid=12157030&pid=-324034351&eid=65998771938>
Age at Death: 92
Honolulu Star Bulletin Posted Tuesday, August 24, 1999
Emma A.P. Haena, 94, of Hilo, died Saturday at home. Born in Waimea, she is survived by daughters Jane Kakelaka, Minerva Naehu, Emmeline Santiago Foster, Blossom Kelii and Lydia Haena; son Thomas Nahiwa; grandchildren; great-grandchildren; and great-great-grandchildren. Call from 5 to 9 p.m. tomorrow at home. Services: 10 a.m. Friday at Borthwick Hawaii Funeral Home. Call from 9 to 11 a.m. Burial: Homelani Memorial Park.
1. Census: US Hawaii, 8 May 1910, Waimea Village Sth Kohala Hawaii. Emma is recorded as a daughter aged 5 born Hawaii.
2. Census: US Hawaii, 19 Jan 1920, Waimea Village Sth Kohala Hawaii. Emma is recorded as a daughter aged 14 a school girl born Hawaii
3. Census: USA Hawaii, 4 Apr 1930, Kinsale St Sth Hilo Hawaii. Emma is recorded as a wife aged 25 born Hawaii
Emma married Thomas Kaomealani NAHIWA  [MRIN: 5905], son of Thomas Joseph NAHIWA  and Jane Kaomelani SPENCER , on 10 Jun 1922 in South Kohola Hawaii. (Thomas Kaomealani NAHIWA  was born on 2 Dec 1884 in Waimea Kohola Hawaii and died on 30 Jun 1939 in Maui HI.)
Emma next married John HAENA  [MRIN: 7210] on 8 Apr 1950 in Hilo Hawaii HI. (John HAENA  died on 24 Sep 1962 in Hilo Hawaii HI.)
Source Marriage Certificate