Emily JULIUS 
- Born: 2 Jul 1796, Bristol SOM
- Christened: 10 Aug 1796, St Michaels Bristol SOM
- Died: 31 Jul 1876, Maze Hill Hse. St Leonards On Sea Eng. aged 80
Emily was not married, she looked after her grandmother and father in their old age, she was known as "Aunt Pem".
Baptism FHS film 1595697 - to search 2009
Julius Emily 22 August 1876
The Will of Emily Julius late of Maze Hill House St Leonards-on-Sea SSX spinster who died 31 July 1876 at Maze Hill House was proved at the Principle Registry 22 Aug 1876 by Julia Henrietta Quilter of Black Lake Cottage nr Farnham SRY spinster the neice and surviving Executor. Effects under L3000
Ref: National Probate calendar
An alternative birth date for Emily is 31 July 1793.
1. Census: England, 7 Jun 1841, Old Palace Yard Richmond SRY. Emily is recorded as aged 35 not born SRY
2. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, Old Palace Yard Richmond SRY. Emily is recorded as a daughter unmarried aged 50 born Bristol
3. Census: England, 8 Apr 1861, Richmond Lodge Farnham SRY. Emily is recorded as a daughter aged 63 unmarried born Bristol SOM.
4. Census: England, 2 Apr 1871, Maze Hill Hse. St Leonards On Sea Hastings. Emily is recorded as head of house aged 74 a single Lady born Bristol. Also in the house were three servants.
5. Emily Julius: Will, 28 Aug 1871.
This is the last Will and Testament of me Emily Julius of Maze Hill House in the parish of St Leonards on Sea in the County of Sussex Spinster. I bequeath the following legacies
To my sister Anne Spencer Deverill £1000
To my brother William Mavor Julius £1400
To Charles Julius the eldest son of my brother Archibald Eneas Julius £500
To Alfred Julius the second son of my said brother Archibald Eneas Julius £500
To my niece Agnes Amelia Quilter £100
To each of my faithful servants Sarah Payne and Mary Payne if in my service at the time of my decease £200
To my coachman Thomas Gardner if also in my service at the time of my decease £100
I devise and bequeath all my real estate and the rest and residue of my personal estate whatsoever and wheresoever unto and equally between my said brother William Mavor Julius and my niece Julia Henrietta Quilter subject nevertheless to the payment of my funeral and testamentary expenses and debts and I appoint William Mavor Julius and Julia Henrietta Quilter Executor and Executrix of this my Will
In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this 28th day of August 1871
Signed by the said testatrix Emily Julius in the joint presence of us who in her presence and in the presence of each other have here unto subscribed our names as witnesses
Richard Mason Solicitor Farnham
S G Galpine his Clerk
Proved at London 22 August 1876 by the oath of Julia Henrietta Quilter spinster the niece the surviving Executor to whom administration was granted