Elizabeth Thorogood "Betty" LIVEING 
- Born: Abt 1824, Harwich ESS
- Marriage: Rev John AMBROSE  on 29 Jul 1848 in St Mary Paddington MDX
- Died: 22 Feb 1874, Copford ESS aged about 50
Another name for Betty was Betty.
Elizabeth was a Sponsor to the family of T H Fenn
29th ult., at St Mary's Paddington, by the Rev Henry Thomas Liveing, vicar of Bedfont, the Rev John Ambrose, Rector of Trimley St Martin, Suffolk, eldest son of John Ambrose Esq., of Copford, to Elizabeth Thorogood, only child of Capt Liveing, of Prospect Place, Maida Hill.
Ref: Ipswich Journal 8 August 1848.
Marriage Ref Jun Qtr 1848 Kensington 3 337 BDM
Ambrose Elizabeth Thorogood 22 January 1880. The Will of Elizabeth Thorogood Ambrose (Wife of the Rev John Ambrose, clerk) late of Copford Lodge Colchester in the County of Essex who died 25 February 1874 at Copford Lodge was proved at the Principal Registry by the said Rev John Ambrose of Copford Lodge the sole executor. Probate being granted under certain limitations.
Personal estate under L3000.
Ref: National Probate Calendar.
Will of Sarah Stow of Harwich
Bequeaths L5 and wood and coal in cellar to Ann wife of Jeremiah Durrant of Dovercourt, gardener, to Mrs Liveing wife of Thomas Liveing of Harwich, gent., her double chest of drawers, two large china bowls and the residue of her estate, to Elizabeth Thorogood Liveing, daughter of Captain William Liveing silver milk pot, locket and beads, to Robert Liveing Fenn and Thomas Harrold Fenn, sons of Mrs Harriett Fenn a silver table spoon each, to Harriett Fenn two silver table spoons, to Elizabeth Mary Logan, wife of Thomas Logan of Harwich, surgeon two large china bowls, to Mrs Mary Sansum, wife of John Sansum of Harwich, gent. two china bowls, to Isabell Ann Kelly, daughter of Thomas Kelly of Harwich, mariner, six china cups and saucers, to her lodger Mrs Mann six silver teaspoons, 14
July 1830; account of executor of will of Sarah Stow, 1830.
Ref: ESS R/O - D/DU 206/10 (for registered copy see D/ABR 33/372)
1. Census: England, 7 Jun 1841, Rushall WIL. Elizabeth is described as aged 15 of independant means not born Wilshire
2. Census: England, 30 Mar 1851, Rectory Hse Trimley SFK. Elizabeth is recorded as a wife aged 27 born Harwich
3. Census: England, 8 Apr 1861, Copford Lodge Copford ESS. Elizabeth is recorded as a clergymans wife aged 37 born Harwich
4. Census: England, 2 Apr 1871, Copford ESS. Elizabeth is recorded as a Clergymans wife aged 47 born Harwich ESS
Betty married Rev John AMBROSE  [MRIN: 2340], son of John AMBROSE  and Julia LIVEING , on 29 Jul 1848 in St Mary Paddington MDX. (Rev John AMBROSE  was christened on 5 Feb 1821 in Copford ESS and was buried on 5 Apr 1888 in Family Vault Copford.)